- Laporan Kinerja BLI Tahun 2018 – Read More
- Perjanjian Kinerja BLI Tahun 2018 – Read More
- Perjanjian Kinerja BLI 2017 – Read More
- Laporan Kinerja BLI Tahun 2017 (informasi pelaksanaan kegiatan di BLI) – Read More
- Berbagai Potensi dan Peluang Penelitian bagi Mahasiswa di BP2LHK Aek Nauli – Read More
- Mengubah Limbah Kayu Hutan Rawa Gambut Bekas Kebakaran Menjadi Arang Kompos dan Cuka Kayu – Read More
B49. Wood Vinegar for Safer Tapping and More Resin Production
Innovation on using wood vinegar as a stimulant in pine resin tapping was created to replace the use of hazardous chemicals (sulfuric and nitric acids) that are widely used. Wood vinegar contains a weak acid (acetic acid) and is able to stimulate pine resin excretion during tapping process. The use of ± 1 cc of wood vinegar on the tapping wound increases resin production up to 14%. Compare to the common chemical substances, the use of wood vinegar is considered safer to the resin tappers and environmentally friendly to the pine trees and forest.
Pine resin tapping often uses strong acid such as sulfuric and nitric acids to stimulate resin excretion from the wood tissue. These chemicals caused unfavorable impacts as it damages the wood tissue, hazardous to the resin tappers and pollute the environment. The use of organic materials such as wood vinegar to substitute chemical stimulants could prevent the negative impacts while maintaining resin productivity.
- It substitutes strong acids commonly used as a stimulant in pine resin tapping.
- It is cheap, safe and environmentally friendly.
The use of wood vinegar as stimulant could be applied in pine tapping process by forest based industries, such as Perhutani and other timber estate companies.
Nama : Sukadaryati, Gustan Pari, dan Dulsalam
Unit Kerja : Puslitbang Hasil Hutan
Alamat : Jalan Gunung Batu No. 5, Bogor 16610, Telepon (0251) 8633378, Faks.(0251) 8633413
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Status KI : Telah Didaftarkan Hak Paten No. P00201304909